Tuesday, April 21, 2009

kissing cousins...

so i found out a few weeks ago that my husbands cousin was dating another cousin. what? are you freaking kidding me...is this really happening in the united states?

that is just gross and weird and on so many levels.

first of all, they met at a family reunion. i dont know about you, but that is the last place i am out looking for dates. i mean really. i have not even considered telling my few single friends remaining to test the waters of the family gene pool.

i can barely stand going to family reunions. they are boring. you have to awkwardly hang out with people who gush about how small you were when you were last forced together. and really, who wants to hang out with their crazy ass family? not me. my immediate family; i love (well most of them...okay some of them). i don't mind spending holidays with my brother and sister and mom and dad and in laws, but you throw in the rest of the mix and i need a valium.

but date one of them...better yet have sex with one of them? no and thank you. absolutely not. never. there is no way i am shacking up with one of those nutbags. i have one semi-cute cousin, but i remember when he used to pee the bed and his mom was worried he wouldn't grow out of it. kind of kills any crush if you ask me.

so this brings me to the next shocking news...they're pregnant. yes, the cousin got the other 2nd cousin pregnant. wow! the aunt thinks they need genetic testing. but they say that they are happy so who i am to judge really.

i guess there really is someone for everyone, i just am grateful that mine joined the family and wasn't already a member.

what is that going to be like if it doesn't work out? this seems like a case for jerry springer.

2 comments:

  1. the incest rates here in philly are HUGE!
    both intentionally (cousins doing it with cousins because "they know the family" and "know he's a good man", etc.) and unintentionally (there is a large # of people here who don't know who their daddies are and no one ever really leaves a half mile radius from their houses so it's bound to happen.)

    there was a huge study done here 10 years ago because there are certain genetic markers that show up when you have babies with your family. gross, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I've some loops in my family tree. It's weird for me, taboo, etc. But at least they are second cousins. I've heard I have some loops and my family that fall under first cousins.

    ReplyDelete