Monday, July 13, 2009

We put the dysfunctional in family....

(for the record, I had to type dysfunctional about four times before I could decide if it looked right..What is my problem these days?)

So I am back from my family vacation. For the first three days we visited my side of the family in Corpus Christi and for the last six we stayed with Ryan's family in Rockport.

Surprisingly, no one got strangled or stabbed. Okay, just kidding. But it isn't a family vacation without a little drama right? Thankfully none of it really occurred until the last day.

We must have met the allotment of time family can spend together in one week.

All in all it was good times, though a bit boring at certain intervals. In the first tour of the trip my sister and I even managed to set aside our differences and be nice to each other.

My nieces and nephews are getting so big. My brother's son is like a man. I bet he even has body hair, which is just weird for me. Seeing babies grow and become ladies and gents is just freaky. They still seem so small to me. I cannot imagine what it is like for parents when their children become adults.

I just realized that I only have about five weeks of summer left. I was hoping that I would have completed at least half of my summer list by now, but I have not. It has been a bit limiting that I am still dealing with my wound. I cannot wait until I don't have to rely on people for help in that area. Cue the independent women song or something.

Alright. I better do something productive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment