Thursday, July 30, 2009

Breaking News...

Yesterday I was called in for a meeting with my Principal.

Hmmm...that usually doesn't turn out great for most people (especially in grade school years).

I worried about it a little all day yesterday. His secretary gave me the option of going this morning or this afternoon.

I kind of double booked myself because I also had an appt. this morning, but I couldn't wait all day to find out the scoop on what he wanted me to talk about. So I just showed up to the meeting 30 min early.

I wasn't that surpised to find out the news, I kind of thought in the back of my head that it could be an option. Even though I was assured at the end of last year that it wasn't.

I am not going to be teaching 2nd grade next year....instead I will be teaching Kindergarten.

I am kind of nervous, and kind of excited, and kind of annoyed that I am finding this out 3 1/2 weeks before school starts.

Basically they needed an extra bilingual 2nd grade teacher so they were going to move one up from kinder to 2nd, but then 2nd grade would be spread pretty thin and kinder would have an opening...so it made perfect sense.

I wonder what kind of adventures this is going to lead me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment