Thursday, January 29, 2009

Random...

I was driving down Cesar Chavez to go to Town Lake to go **walking/running** and I saw a man waving at me. I thought, "Hmm, maybe I know him." I looked around and there were no other cars or people he could have been waving at. Still perplexed while waiting at the light, I went ahead and waved back. Then he blew me a kiss and I knew we didn't know each other.

Which got me to thinking.

Really? I mean has that ever really worked for anyone trying to attract the opposite sex? And second, Why is it that some ladies get the doctors or lawyers while I (with the exception of my husband) am a magnet for crazies?

I'm just saying.. some girls get the good ones, and I get schizophrenics at the bus stop, rose sellers on the highways, and the men with leaf blower backpacks.


**Yeah, Yeah, I know...some of you are thinking. What? You were running voluntarily without being chased by a knife wielding maniac? Why yes I was. In an effort to live a long and healthy life I have been exercising regularly thankyouverymuch. And it sucks, but I do it anyway. Christy and I laugh every time we are lapped by a 65 year old, and believe me, in Austin, there are a lot of them.

Freakin' health nuts.

And don't even get me started about the guy yesterday running with two barbells that must have had like 35 lbs on each on them. I mean the ones that you actually put the weight on. He was running with them...two of them. And he was laughing hysterically like he was listening to a comedy album on his Ipod. It was weird. Then I heard Christy say "Damn!" really loud. Of course it made me laugh uncontrollably which is never good when you are already out of breath. He could have killed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment