Friday, January 30, 2009

thank god it's friday...

For some reason this week seemed to last forever.  Seriously.

I don't know what it is, but it just seemed to drag on.  

We put our house on the market on Wednesday.  To be honest, I don't even know how all this has happened...two weeks ago I wasn't even thinking of moving anytime soon.  

We dumped our uncomfortably quiet real estate agent and went with a different guy.  I like him SO much more.  He is nice, friendly, and kind of funny.  Hmm..these probably shouldn't be reasons to like your broker, but I am sure he is competent too.  Ryan is making sure probably (hopefully).

Thank god I haven't scared the poor guy away (yet).  I was late for our meeting on Wednesday because Christy and I were at Town Lake working out and I got stuck in traffic and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah (I'm selfish)....and anyway while they (Ryan and Chip) were waiting for me they were looking around the house to look for improvements, etc and Ryan said that my underwear and bras were strewn around the house.  Ryan said he kept hiding them.  Too funny. (BTW-I don't throw my bras around the house or anything, its just that I don't put them in the dryer, so I hang them on doorknobs or put them in the guest bedroom to air dry)

And those of you that know me know that I have an uncanny ability to laugh or talk nervously, especially at inappropriate times (I need to post something about my crazy relationship with my primary care doctor -- who I am surprised has not had me committed yet).

Yesterday, we were driving to check on a comparable house to ours for pricing and I remembered that I left my pants at school.  So, I said frantically "Ryan I need to go school before the alarm sets, I forgot my pants!"  The realtor was like "Did she say she forgot her pants?"  Ryan said "You came home and left home with pants, what are you talking about?"  Anyway, it was funny, and I did go get my pants.  My Mom called while I was retrieving said pants and said, "Crystal, how did you lose your pants this time?"  Which I thought was interesting because I don't always lose my pants, and my pants weren't lost, I knew where they were, I just didn't have them.  

People just don't get me.

One more thing. (My longest post yet)... THE INTERNET IS EVIL!
So I found out that realtors have access to websites where you can get the values of people's homes in your area and I started stalking people, like everyone I know (except you, because I would never invade your privacy like that).  I feel like it should be illegal, but I am told by the professional that it is public information.  Let's just say all of my doctors (gyno, pcp, general surgeon) live very nicely in the hills and paid a pretty penny for their homes (which I like to think I contributed to with my copays).  

And now I feel uncomfortable knowing all this information.

Oh, and I MySpaced our realtor to make sure he was a decent person, and I saw on his-space that he is a runner and went to my University, etc.  I want to ask him about some of this, but can I tell him I myspaced him?  Does it seem creepy?  

I told Ryan, and he asked me not to scare the poor guy.  He is going to figure out what a weirdo I am anyway.  Yesterday I 'lost' my pants and I ran into a tree and hit my head pretty hard and locked myself in his car.  Twice.  

Oh God, I am out of control.

One last thing.  I told my Mom about my blog and she said that she will read it sometime.  So I told her that I will try not to defame her.  Her response "Well, thank you."

  I love her.

2 comments:

  1. How on earth did you lock yourself IN a car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I still don't get the pants? Did you have your pants on when you locked yourself in his car? : )

    ReplyDelete