Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Warning to parents....

 I really cannot say this enough to friends and family with children.  You always need to be careful the things you say around your child.  Trust me on this, because your child will most definitely tell their teacher.    

Three instances:

**Today a child in my class told me that her Dad wrecked their car.  When I asked if it was a car accident she said "You can't really call it a car accident."  I asked her "Why?" and she said "It can't be an accident since he was drunk."  

**A few weeks ago a child told me that she wanted to spend the night at my house, and I said she was being silly and needed to go home to her awesome parents.  She responded by telling me that her Mom was great, but her Dad was a 'deadbeat' (her words).  When I asked what she meant about her Dad being a deadbeat she told me that her Mom is always working so hard while her Dad sits around and her Mom says that she is just so sick and tired.  She finished by telling me that her Grandma said that her Dad was a loser but since her Mom loved him, she had to be nice.  

**On the last days of school last year I asked a child how her parents were doing and she told me that her Dad had diarrhea real bad.  Later on that afternoon when he came to pick her up, I almost asked him if he was feeling better, but then thought twice about saying anything.

Children have no filter, and this is one reason I love being a teacher.  They are just so innocent. (Most of them anyway) 

 I could seriously write like 800+ posts like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment