Thursday, February 12, 2009

sugar induced coma

Today was the last day of school before valentines (with children).  Tomorrow we have staff development (I would rather gouge my eyes out than attend any meeting) and Monday is Conference Day (to which I am happy to report that almost all of my conferences are complete).

Back to v-day...

Lets just say it was one step away from being a nuthouse.  The kids were so excited they could barely stand it.  I guess I remember valentines being cool when I was in 2nd grade, but you would have thought they were getting something amazing (I am picturing Oprah with her weird yell: you're getting a car! you're getting a car! you're getting a car!    [side-sidenote: Ryan and I do this when we are giving the dogs treats because they love it; you're getting a treat, you're getting a treat..yeah we're dorks].  When all they really get is candy and those little cards with hilarious valentines greetings like: UR Cute, You caught my eye Valentine, You are heroic valentine!, etc...

I need to send some pictures from my cell phone of the really funny ones...

But seriously.

I have eaten so much crap today.  I told the kids....NO PARTY!  We are only having a valentine exchange.  Yeah right.  I should have known.  

One of my students came to school today and I could tell he didn't feel well.  I asked him this morning and he said he was fine.  Then I caught him by the sink dry heaving and gagging into our trashcan.  I rushed over to check on him without other children noticing and there were tears in his eyes and I asked him again if he didn't feel well and he admitted that he didn't but did not want to go home because then he wouldn't get his valentines.  I felt his head and it was so hot.  Goodness, these children break my heart sometimes.  I sent him to the nurse anyway. Sure enough he had 101 temperature and had to go home.  He was so bummed, but I promised him I would make sure all of his valentines got to him untouched.  Poor baby.

I have had five children out throughout this week for stomachaches and so forth.  No wonder Dr. F says this a cesspool of germs.  Thankfully I haven't gotten sick...yet.  (oh well, I will get to go to the Dr. , right? --- wink, wink)

The kids have gotten me so many gifts. I don't even know what I am going to do with these stuffed animals. One child actually wanted to get me a kitty.  She had mentioned it but I shrugged it off and then the parent told me that she seriously wanted to get me a freakin' cat for valentines.  Sweet thought, but I would have been pissed.  I am very allergic to cats and what in the world would I do with another animal.  

I have more boxed chocolates, cupcakes, and diabetes inducing foods than I want to eat. Not to mention I have a strict policy of not eating food touched by small hands or prepared by children or their parents. No offense, but I don't know what their kitchens are like, and I probably don't want to know. I seriously doubt they are as meticulous as me at avoiding the risk food borne illness.

While I am waiting on a parent to arrive for our conference, I should do some squats or something so I don't feel like such a heffer.  And to think I ran last night and sweated my ass off only to stuff my face with pink frosting and bacteria infested foods.  I think I am going to ruin my no vomit streak...

No comments:

Post a Comment