Wednesday, February 25, 2009

jury duty and field trips...

On Monday I had jury duty.  It was my first time ever and I was a bit excited at the prospect of fulfilling my civic duty.  But then I went.  It was terribly boring, just waiting around.  There was someone who brought their sick child who cried for at least an hour nonstop.  I don't know why they didn't just let that person leave, they looked humiliated.  

Once they put us in the courtroom I found out the case was about indecency with a minor.  I thought, ugh...I don't even want to hear the details.  Of course once they started asking me questions I knew the defense didn't like me.  They asked about where I taught at, etc...then they were asking me if I thought kids lie.  Of course children don't always tell the truth, but I think in general children lie about minor things and if there is an adult they trust and the situation is serious, I think they would normally tell the truth.  I don't believe there are many young children who lie maliciously.

Thankfully I wasn't picked.  Everyone deserves to be innocent until proven guilty, but the guy did seem a little creepy.  When they introduced the defendant, he practically peaced us out.  It was weird, like hey guys, I am the one being indicted.   Innocent or not, I would have  been embarrassed to even be accused.  Anyway, I don't know all the details obviously, but I am glad to be at school and not sitting around a courtroom all day.  Talk about time suckage.  At least at my job things change at least every 45 min. usually faster.  There is never a dull moment.

Speaking of no dull moments today we went on a field trip.  I should have taken valium before getting on the buses.  I am so tired right now.

I have been feeling the weirdest faint feeling lately.  I don't know if it is because I am tired or because of allergies or what.  But I get this weird I might pass out feeling.  Then it passes.  Then it comes back.  Hmmm, I don't know what to do about it.  I haven't actually passed out yet so I don't see any reason to see my doctor.  

Hopefully it just goes away.  Soon.

1 comment:

  1. maybe it's the plague. It's definitely going around up here.

    ReplyDelete