Friday, February 6, 2009

tear.

I have been down.

I had a conference with a parent (two of the parents actually) and one of them was totally high.

It seemed like meth or cocaine or something.

The person could not even sit still, their eyes were dilated and it was just terribly uncomfortable and weird.

They were sort of tweaking I guess.

Now I am going to be so worried about this child.

I have taken the necessary steps to help them, but I think we all know how the system is.

And I just pulled out (count them) --- 4 gray hairs a month ago!  This is not going to be good.

**now I know in the grand scheme of things 4 gray hairs probably isn't too bad since I am somewhat on the cusp of being 30, but come on!**

3 comments:

  1. Do you have to call social services if you see high parents?

    That's just awful. Nothing like losing sleep because of a bunch of idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we are supposed to report anything or we can be fined. Even still, when I told my principal he basically said that the state of Texas probably won't do anything. It is sad, but a reality. A lot of greedy Texan Republicans who don't want to unclinch their wallet to help others. Bless you for being a Social Worker, I don't think I could handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Crystal...I don't know how you do it. These kids are lucky you are there for them. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete