Friday, June 5, 2009

wound is a weird word. WARNING! not for the weak...

Okay...so here it is. "The wound" I feel like he should have a name or something..maybe I will call him Walter. Of course it is a 'he'; a real lady would never be this brash or cruel, or ugly.

Please ignore the rash, it has gotten much worse and is the worst I have ever suffered from in my life. Trust me, I am not exaggerating by using the word suffer. It is an itch you can't scratch, which is a true test of patience. I hate having sensitive skin. The gray stuff is from the wound vac tape. After they clean my skin they put adhesive film over it that makes it tacky so that the tape will adhere to it. It is gummy, sticky and awful, and a real bitch to get off.

I told Ryan this morning I may put this on ratemywound.com.

In this picture Walter is about 7-8cm long, 1 1/2 cm wide and probably about 3 1/2 cm deep, maybe even more shallow. This picture looks a lot better than the one they took after my surgery. Once I figure out how to use our new scanner, I will post that one. It was taken with the Physical Therapy camera, I was too doped to think of using my camera phone at the time.

So far I have had RECORD breaking healing. I am not kidding. Those physical therapists should have known better than to tell me I can't do something. I told them I would set records and they shouldn't have doubted me.

I will be chilling by the pool well before they ever thought I would. I just know it.

I am hoping my wound vac goes off soon and then Ryan will just be packing it at home and I will go to Physical Therapy a few times a week for debriedment, monitoring and dressing changes.

5 comments:

  1. This is pretty graphic baby, you sure you want this on your page with no warning?

    I mean, I'm used to it by now, but this is not for the squeamish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap! I love it!
    Thank you so much. Don't listen to Ryan. People should see this! It's like watching Discovery Health or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal! Thanks for posting...it is awful lookiing and gory and I am so glad you put it up so we can understand what you are going through. Poor you! I love that you are healing faster than expectated. Summer is awaiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I think you should consider a temporary change to the name of your blog: This Hurts Like Hell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. Karen, you're right...I should consider a temporary name change. Now if only I knew how to do that!

    ReplyDelete