Tuesday, June 9, 2009

school's out for summer!!!

School finally ended on Wednesday...it was bittersweet. I had an awesome class this year. I couldn't help but get teary-eyed and sentimental telling them goodbye. I gave them some life lessons to remember. I reminded them to never give up, and to avoid the waiting place. I know too many people just hoping that something great will happen in their lives. I told them to make it happen, and I hope they do.

I spent all day Thursday cleaning up my classroom, storing things away. Oh how I wanted to just shove everything in a closet or two and call it a day. But I know that when the end of August rolls around I will want the summer to last a little longer and be glad that I spent the extra few hours to get everything meticulously organized.

It's funny how different things looked on the day before the first day of school compared to what it looks like the day after the last day.

The night before the first day:


The day after the last day:



I am so excited to start sleeping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment